First established as an individual business in 1940, it became a family owned company by 1950, manufacturing its first bicycle components (eg. air pumps).
By the 1960’s Miranda was on the path to success, having increased its individual area thus widely developing its manufacturing capabilities and expanding to a new range of products such as motorcycle headlamps, speedometers, grips, switches, klaxons and others.
The introduction of the plastic injection technology in 1978 brought a new surge of development to this already striving company. By that year, Miranda also started the development of motorcycle hydraulic brakes. Later in the 90’s Miranda expanded the range of products, introducing v-brakes, canti-brakes and levers.
In 2000 to give the best response to the demanding markets, Miranda installed the equipment and technology of cold forged aluminium, introducing v-brakes and levers with that technology.
At the present Miranda has extended production to a new range of bicycle brakes and crank sets, seat posts and bicycle hydraulic brakes, and has been progressively going into medium and high range market of bicycle components.
Miranda in our days is now supplying most of the European top brand bicycles and exporting to a wide range of countries, enlarging every year a strong reputation of quality maker and reliable partner.