Until someone makes the perfect e-bike chain, Miranda will do everything it can to protect the one you have and prevent it from wearing out too fast. Our cold-forged e-bike chainguard nut fits in between your drive-side crank arm and your chain where it wards off physical threats to your chain. Installing it is easy, here’s how:
1. Open the package – Inside you should find one chainguard nut and a rubber “O” ring
2. You’ll need these tools – Have on hand a torque wrench, a hex key socket, a Bosch Active/Performance spider tool, a compact crank wrench and puller, and a 15 mm wrench.
3. Using the torque wrench and hex key socket – Remove the drive-side crank bolt.
4. Using the compact crank wrench and puller – Insert puller into the drive-side crank bolt hole; then screw and tighten the compact crank wrench into the crank arm.
5. Using the 15 mm wrench — Turn the compact crank wrench in a clockwise direction to until crank arm can be easily removed.
6. Position the spider tool — To remove the Bosch nut, lock the spider tool in place and loosen the nut with the torque wrench.
7. Place the “O” ring — Install the rubber “O” ring where the Bosch nut was.
8. Attach the e-bike chainguard nut — Rotate the E chainguard nut counter clockwise until it is flush with the “O” ring and firmly attached.
9. Position the spider tool — Lock the spider tool in the notches in the face of the chainguard nut; tighten to 20-25Nm with the torque wrench.
10. Replace the crank arm and bolt — Using the torque wrench and hex key socket, tighten to the specified torque of 57-64Nm
We’ve made a video to demonstrate these steps, however before you do it yourself, check the warranty details for your e-bike motor! Some e-bike motor suppliers will void the warranty if anything happens to the motor resulting from a DIY project. Your best bet is to have an authorized dealer install the cranks for you and you’ll avoid the hassle of a voided warranty.
Watch it here:
Fortify your e-bike with this simple combinationRead more
The best crank length for your e-bike is the one fits your particular ride needs. Here's some advice...Read more
Get charged up to join a mobile revolution and improve the quality of your lifeRead more